Samuel Lien, M.D. –
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Everett WA
Born and raised in Michigan, Dr. Lien completed his undergraduate studies at Hope College before receiving his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School. He was then selected to train in Plastic Surgery at the University of Washington and its affiliated hospitals, which include Seattle Children’s Hospital and Harborview Medical Center. This training program, which is widely regarded as one of the best in the nation, taught him cutting-edge techniques within the field of Plastic Surgery and prepared him to manage cosmetic and reconstructive patients of all levels of complexity. The eclectic and creative nature of Plastic Surgery is what drew Dr. Lien to the field as a medical student, and he is proud to incorporate both aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, breast, hand, and body into his practice.
Dr. Lien fell in love with the Pacific Northwest soon after moving here for residency, and he enjoys hiking, climbing, backcountry skiing, and photography in his spare time.
- College: Hope College (Holland, MI)
- Medical School: University of Michigan
Residency: University of Washington Plastic Surgery Program
- Providence Regional Medical Center / Providence Medical Group
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Treasurer of the Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons – 2018-2019
- President of the Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons – 2019-2020
- Tse R, Lien SC. Unilateral Cleft Lip Repair using the “Anatomic Subunit Approximation”: Modifications and Analysis of Early Results in 100 Consecutive Cases. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2015 Mar 17.
- Lien SC, Hu Y, Wollstein A, Franz MG, Patel SP, Kuzon WM Jr, Urbanchek MG. Contraction of Abdominal Wall Muscles Influences Incisional Hernia Occurrence and Size. Surgery. Surgery. 2015 Mar 25.
- Lien SC, Maher CO, et al. Local and Regional Flap Closure in Myelomeningocele Repair: A 15-year Review. Childs Nerv Syst. 2010 Aug; 26(8). 1091-5. (PMID: 20195618)
- Levi B, Sugg KB, Lien SC, et al. Outcomes of Tethered Cord Repair with a Layered Soft Tissue Closure. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2011 Sep. (PMID: 21921789)
- Lien SC, Urbanchek MG, Kuzon WM Jr. Temporary Paralysis of Abdominal Wall Muscles with Botox Reduces Incisional Hernia Occurrence and Size. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Supplement. 2007; 120(1): 53.
- Lien SC, Cederna PS, Kuzon WM Jr. Optimizing Skeletal Muscle Reinnervation with Nerve Transfer. Hand Clinics. 2008 Nov; 24(4). 445-54. (PMID: 18928892)